Tuesday, March 20, 2012

WIPs and finishes!

I've been busy working on my projects before going on my trip next month, so I have some pix to show.

At last the fundraiser quilt for my DD's school is finished. It's on display so the kids can enjoy their artwork, then it's going to be auctioned. Fingers crossed that it was worth the work. It took about 2 weeks to make.

My niece has just had a baby girl, so I decided to make a diaper bag. I got the pattern from here.
Here it is:

and here is a pic of the inside of the bag. Lots of pockets!

That's a centre divider that you can see down the middle.
I hope it will be useful.

I finished the March blocks for the Sew Bee Create group.

It's a 25 patch , all in shades of blue, and will make a very pretty postage stamp quilt. My pic doesn't do them justice.



and lastly I'm assembling all my stars from the Oh My Stars quiltalong.

This is it so far:

There's a lot more to put together, and now I've decided to make the quilt larger, so lots more stars to make too.
I'm happy with how it looks so far!


Linking as always to

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Till next time,

Sue

8 comments:

  1. good work... I like the bag... may just be having a go at that one xx LOVE the fabrics... I have some of the owl in red and a bit in green xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects! Your niece will be over the moon with the diaper bag-so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt you made for the auction is just stunning- really really pretty, and I absolutely love the oh my stars quilt too- fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! So many great projects. The school is lucky to have you to help w/an auction quilt! And the owl diaper bag is darling. Thanks for visiting my blog today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your niece is going to love her new diaper bag... so big and roomy!!! Looks like there's a clip to hold her keys. This is a GREAT addition, as are all the pockets. A fabulous bag!!! Thanks for linking up...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt raised lots of money for our class!! Thanks mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow--that class quilt is amazing. I am in awe. But I'm also in awe of your diaper bag, finishing your Bee blocks. You've been on a roll, lately, and hurrah for trips that motivate us to finish, yet give us a rest after that sewing is all done. I hope you have a great time!

    Elizabeth
    OPQuilt.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you. Really!